Discount Wedding Planners Princeton WV
Wedding Planners / Consultants
Wedding Planners / Consultants
South Charleston, WV
10 Tips for Saving on Your Wedding
Trying to plan a wedding on a budget? It’s not easy to have the wedding of your dreams on a shoestring, but you can cut corners and still have a memorable day.
Denise Vivaldo, author of Do It for Less! Parties, has a wealth of ideas in her book, Do It for Less! Weddings: How to Create Your Dream Wedding Without Breaking the Bank. And because food takes the lion’s share of a wedding budget, she’s lavished plenty of attention on budget-saving strategies for menu planning, catering, and even doing it yourself.
The founder of Food Fanatics, a full-service catering and media food-styling company, Vivaldo developed her celebration savvy in the trenches: She’s planned and catered more than 10,000 parties, both lavish and humble. Here, she shares her top 10 tips for keeping the costs down at your wedding.
1. Invite only those guests who are essential to you. Keeping your guest count down is the easiest way to ensure a reasonable budget.
2. Schedule your wedding after lunch and end the event before dinner. Your guests will not expect to be served a full meal. Your wedding invitation could read: Wedding ceremony at 2 pm and a reception to immediately follow. Then place a time limit on the reception.
3. Offer a limited menu and bar. Do you want to serve light appetizers with champagne or just cake with coffee? There’s nothing wrong with just serving cake and coffee. How about a fancy coffee bar complete with a barista?
4. Be your own wedding planner. Reserve three hours every Sunday for six months before the big day to place calls, return e-mails, and handle the details.
5. Make your own wedding cake or enlist the help of the best baker you know. Having 100 guests? Baking your own cake can save you hundreds of dollars and take fewer than 10 hours.
6. Beg, borrow, and steal. Decide the adventure or thrill of your wedding is spending as little as possible. Ask your friends and family for help.
WV Wedding Laws
Download The Application To Be Placed On The Statewide Registry Of Persons Authorized To Perform Marriages In West Virginia. 48-2-402. Qualifications Of Religious Representative For Celebrating Marriages; Registry Of Persons Authorized To Perform Marriage Ceremonies; Special Revenue Fund. (A) Beginning The First Day Of September, Two Thousand One, The Secretary Of State Shall, Upon Payment Of The Registration Fee Established By The Secretary Of State Pursuant To Subsection (D) Of This Section, Make An Order Authorizing A Person Who Is A Religious Representative To Celebrate The Rites Of Marriage In All The Counties Of The State, Upon Proof That The Person: (1) Is Eighteen Years Of Age Or Older; (2) Is Duly Authorized To Perform Marriages By His Or Her Church, Synagogue, Spiritual Assembly Or Religious Organization; And (3) Is In Regular Communion With The Church, Synagogue, Spiritual Assembly Or Religious Organization Of Which He Or She Is A Member. (B) The Person Shall Give Bond In The Penalty Of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars, With Surety Approved By The Commission. Any Religious Representative Who Gives Proof Before The County Commission Of His Or Her Ordination Or Authorization By His Or Her Respective Church, Synagogue, Spiritual Assembly Or Religious Organization Is Exempt From Giving The Bond. (C) The Secretary Of State Shall Establish A Central Registry Of Persons Authorized To Celebrate Marriages In This State. Every Person Authorized Under The Provisions Of Subsection (A) Of This Section To Celebrate Marriages Shall Be Listed In This Registry. Every County Clerk Shall, Prior To The First Day Of October, Two Thousand One, Transmit To The Secretary Of State The Name Of Every Person Authorized To Celebrate Marriages By Order Issued In His Or Her County Since One Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty And The Secretary Of State Shall Include These Names In The Registry. The Completed Registry And Periodic Updates Shall Be Transmitted To Every County Clerk. (D) A Fee Not To Exceed Twenty-Five Dollars May Be Charged By The Secretary Of State For Each Registration Received On Or After The First Day Of September, Two Thousand One, And All Money Received Shall Be Deposited In A Special Revenue Revolving Fund Designated The "Marriage Celebrants Registration Fee Administration Fund" In The State Treasury To Be Administered By The Secretary Of State. Expenses Incurred By The Secretary In The Implementation And Operation Of The Registry Program Shall Be Paid From The Fund. (E) No Marriage Performed By A Person Authorized By Law To Celebrate Marriages May Be Invalidated Solely Because The Person Was Not Listed In The Registry Provided For In This Section. (F) The Secretary Of State Shall Promulgate Rules To Implement The Provisions Of This Section. Same Sex Wedding Law: To Perform A Marriage In West Virginia You Need To Be Ordained And May Be Required To Provide Proof Of Ordination Such As An Ordination Credential , Wallet Credential , Or A Letter Of Good Standing From The Church.