Discount Wedding Planners Falls Church VA
Falls Church, VA
Falls Church, VA
10 Tips for Saving on Your Wedding
Trying to plan a wedding on a budget? It’s not easy to have the wedding of your dreams on a shoestring, but you can cut corners and still have a memorable day.
Denise Vivaldo, author of Do It for Less! Parties, has a wealth of ideas in her book, Do It for Less! Weddings: How to Create Your Dream Wedding Without Breaking the Bank. And because food takes the lion’s share of a wedding budget, she’s lavished plenty of attention on budget-saving strategies for menu planning, catering, and even doing it yourself.
The founder of Food Fanatics, a full-service catering and media food-styling company, Vivaldo developed her celebration savvy in the trenches: She’s planned and catered more than 10,000 parties, both lavish and humble. Here, she shares her top 10 tips for keeping the costs down at your wedding.
1. Invite only those guests who are essential to you. Keeping your guest count down is the easiest way to ensure a reasonable budget.
2. Schedule your wedding after lunch and end the event before dinner. Your guests will not expect to be served a full meal. Your wedding invitation could read: Wedding ceremony at 2 pm and a reception to immediately follow. Then place a time limit on the reception.
3. Offer a limited menu and bar. Do you want to serve light appetizers with champagne or just cake with coffee? There’s nothing wrong with just serving cake and coffee. How about a fancy coffee bar complete with a barista?
4. Be your own wedding planner. Reserve three hours every Sunday for six months before the big day to place calls, return e-mails, and handle the details.
5. Make your own wedding cake or enlist the help of the best baker you know. Having 100 guests? Baking your own cake can save you hundreds of dollars and take fewer than 10 hours.
6. Beg, borrow, and steal. Decide the adventure or thrill of your wedding is spending as little as possible. Ask your friends and family for help.
VA Wedding Laws
The State Of Virginia Currently Requests That You Visit Your County Clerk'S Office In Person To Inquire About Becoming Registered As A Wedding Officiant. You Will Find A List Of County Clerk'S Offices Below. Please Visit Their Websites For Directions And Hours. ? 20-23. Order Authorizing Ministers To Perform Ceremony. When A Minister Of Any Religious Denomination Shall Produce Before The Circuit Court Of Any County Or City In This Commonwealth, Or Before The Judge Of Such Court Or Before The Clerk Of Such Court At Any Time, Proof Of His Ordination And Of His Being In Regular Communion With The Religious Society Of Which He Is A Reputed Member, Or Proof That He Holds A Local Minister'S License And Is Serving As A Regularly Appointed Pastor In His Denomination, Such Court, Or The Judge Thereof, Or The Clerk Of Such Court At Any Time, May Make An Order Authorizing Such Minister To Celebrate The Rites Of Matrimony In This Commonwealth. Any Order Made Under This Section May Be Rescinded At Any Time By The Court Or By The Judge Thereof. (Code 1919, ?? 5079, 5080; 1962, C. 362; 1980, C. 154; 1981, C. 295.) Same Sex Wedding Law: To Perform A Marriage In Virginia You Need To Be Ordained And May Be Required To Provide Proof Of Ordination Such As An Ordination Credential , Wallet Credential , Or A Letter Of Good Standing From The Church. Ulc The Monastery'S Foreign Corporation State Filings