Discount Wedding Planners Fairhope AL
Spanish Fort, AL
Point Clear, AL
Spanish Fort, AL
Gulf Shores, AL
10 Tips for Saving on Your Wedding
Trying to plan a wedding on a budget? It’s not easy to have the wedding of your dreams on a shoestring, but you can cut corners and still have a memorable day.
Denise Vivaldo, author of Do It for Less! Parties, has a wealth of ideas in her book, Do It for Less! Weddings: How to Create Your Dream Wedding Without Breaking the Bank. And because food takes the lion’s share of a wedding budget, she’s lavished plenty of attention on budget-saving strategies for menu planning, catering, and even doing it yourself.
The founder of Food Fanatics, a full-service catering and media food-styling company, Vivaldo developed her celebration savvy in the trenches: She’s planned and catered more than 10,000 parties, both lavish and humble. Here, she shares her top 10 tips for keeping the costs down at your wedding.
1. Invite only those guests who are essential to you. Keeping your guest count down is the easiest way to ensure a reasonable budget.
2. Schedule your wedding after lunch and end the event before dinner. Your guests will not expect to be served a full meal. Your wedding invitation could read: Wedding ceremony at 2 pm and a reception to immediately follow. Then place a time limit on the reception.
3. Offer a limited menu and bar. Do you want to serve light appetizers with champagne or just cake with coffee? There’s nothing wrong with just serving cake and coffee. How about a fancy coffee bar complete with a barista?
4. Be your own wedding planner. Reserve three hours every Sunday for six months before the big day to place calls, return e-mails, and handle the details.
5. Make your own wedding cake or enlist the help of the best baker you know. Having 100 guests? Baking your own cake can save you hundreds of dollars and take fewer than 10 hours.
6. Beg, borrow, and steal. Decide the adventure or thrill of your wedding is spending as little as possible. Ask your friends and family for help.
AL Wedding Laws
Section 30-1-7- Persons Authorized To Solemnize Marriages. (A) Generally. Marriages May Be Solemnized By Any Licensed Minister Of The Gospel In Regular Communion With The Christian Church Or Society Of Which The Minister Is A Member, By A Judge Of The Supreme Court, Court Of Criminal Appeals, Court Of Civil Appeals, Any Circuit Court Or Any District Court Within This State, By A Judge Of Any Federal Court, Or By A Judge Of Probate Within His Or Her County, Or Any Retired Judge Of The Supreme Court, Retired Judge Of The Court Of Criminal Appeals, Retired Judge Of The Court Of Civil Appeals, Retired Judge Of The Circuit Court, Retired Judge Of The District Court Within This State Or A Retired Judge Of Probate Within His Or Her County. (B) Pastor Of Religious Society; Clerk Of Society To Maintain Register Of Marriages; Register, Etc., Deemed Presumptive Evidence Of Fact. Marriage May Also Be Solemnized By The Pastor Of Any Religious Society According To The Rules Ordained Or Custom Established By Such Society. The Clerk Or Keeper Of The Minutes Of Each Society Shall Keep A Register And Enter Therein A Particular Account Of All Marriages Solemnized By The Society, Which Register, Or A Sworn Copy Thereof, Is Presumptive Evidence Of The Fact. Same Sex Wedding Law: To Perform A Marriage In Alabama You Need To Be Ordained And May Be Required To Provide Proof Of Ordination Such As An Ordination Credential , Wallet Credential , Or A Letter Of Good Standing From The Church.