Discount Wedding Planners Cloquet MN
10 Tips for Saving on Your Wedding
Trying to plan a wedding on a budget? It’s not easy to have the wedding of your dreams on a shoestring, but you can cut corners and still have a memorable day.
Denise Vivaldo, author of Do It for Less! Parties, has a wealth of ideas in her book, Do It for Less! Weddings: How to Create Your Dream Wedding Without Breaking the Bank. And because food takes the lion’s share of a wedding budget, she’s lavished plenty of attention on budget-saving strategies for menu planning, catering, and even doing it yourself.
The founder of Food Fanatics, a full-service catering and media food-styling company, Vivaldo developed her celebration savvy in the trenches: She’s planned and catered more than 10,000 parties, both lavish and humble. Here, she shares her top 10 tips for keeping the costs down at your wedding.
1. Invite only those guests who are essential to you. Keeping your guest count down is the easiest way to ensure a reasonable budget.
2. Schedule your wedding after lunch and end the event before dinner. Your guests will not expect to be served a full meal. Your wedding invitation could read: Wedding ceremony at 2 pm and a reception to immediately follow. Then place a time limit on the reception.
3. Offer a limited menu and bar. Do you want to serve light appetizers with champagne or just cake with coffee? There’s nothing wrong with just serving cake and coffee. How about a fancy coffee bar complete with a barista?
4. Be your own wedding planner. Reserve three hours every Sunday for six months before the big day to place calls, return e-mails, and handle the details.
5. Make your own wedding cake or enlist the help of the best baker you know. Having 100 guests? Baking your own cake can save you hundreds of dollars and take fewer than 10 hours.
6. Beg, borrow, and steal. Decide the adventure or thrill of your wedding is spending as little as possible. Ask your friends and family for help.
MN Wedding Laws
Counties Will Require That Credentials Be Registered. The Anoka County Site Describes The Process And Provides An Order Form For Registration. Other Counties Will Have Similar Requirements. 517.04 Solemnization Marriages May Be Solemnized Throughout The State By A Judge Of A Court Of Record, A Retired Judge Of A Court Of Record, A Court Administrator, A Retired Court Administrator With The Approval Of The Chief Judge Of The Judicial District, A Former Court Commissioner Who Is Employed By The Court System Or Is Acting Pursuant To An Order Of The Chief Judge Of The Commissioner'S Judicial District, The Residential School Administrators Of The Minnesota State Academy For The Deaf And The Minnesota State Academy For The Blind, A Licensed Or Ordained Minister Of Any Religious Denomination, Or By Any Mode Recognized In Section 517.18. 517.05 Credentials Of Minister Ministers Of Any Religious Denomination, Before They Are Authorized To Solemnize A Marriage, Shall File A Copy Of Their Credentials Of License Or Ordination With The Court Administrator Of The District Court Of A County In This State, Who Shall Record The Same And Give A Certificate Thereof. The Place Where The Credentials Are Recorded Shall Be Endorsed Upon And Recorded With Each Certificate Of Marriage Granted By A Minister. Copyright 2004 By The Office Of Revisor Of Statutes, State Of Minnesota. Same Sex Wedding Law: To Perform A Marriage In Minnesota You Need To Be Ordained And May Be Required To Provide Proof Of Ordination Such As An Ordination Credential , Wallet Credential , Or A Letter Of Good Standing From The Church.